GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. (WWTI) — Community members are being alerted of the potential of being exposed to the coronavirus.
St. Lawrence County Public Health Department has confirmed a potential COVID-19 exposure at two businesses in Gouverneur, N.Y. Both the Bowhall’s Family Store and Route 11 Diner have reported COVID-19 exposures.
SLCPHD stated that those who were at the businesses at the listed dates and times are at risk for exposure to COVID-19.
Bowhall’s Family Store, 23 Hailesboro St, Gouverneur NY
- October 29, 2020 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Route 11 Diner, 985 US-11, Gouverneur NY:
- October 30, 2020 between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
St. Lawrence County Public Health Department stated that those who believe they were at the listed locations at these times are recommended to be tested for COVID-19.
Additionally, individuals are recommended to monitor their temperature twice daily for 14 days and contact health providers in further symptoms develop.
COVID-19 symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscles or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
COVID-19 testing is available through local hospital systems:
- St. Lawrence Health System 315-261-6240
- Claxton Hepburn Medical Center 315-713-6655
- Clifton Fine Hospital 315-848-8049
- Community Health Center of the North Country (Canton) 315-379-8132
- Coronavirus deaths rising in 30 US states amid winter surge
- It’s a race against time for Patrick Mahomes
- North Country weather: Dry tonight with lows in the teens, more snow Tuesday
- COVID vaccine distribution and appointments at local pharmacies
- Bills have come a long way since week 6 loss to Chiefs: “We’re definitely a different team now”
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.