WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Samaritan Health has confirmed an increase in COVID-19 cases at an assisted living facility.
Samaritan Health reported on Tuesday that two staff members at their Summit Village Skilled Village Nursing Facility tested positive for the coronavirus.
However, Samaritan also confirmed that 15 residents have also recovered from the virus.
Samaritan also reported the following statistics for January 6, 2021 regarding COVID-19.
|Total Residents Positive||New Resident Cases||New Staff Member cases||Last Positive Case Recorded||New Resident recoveries||Deaths|
|Samaritan Keep Home||2||0||1||01/06/2021||2||0|
|Samaritan Summit Village- Assisted Living||19||0||0||12/29/2020||17||0|
|Samaritan Summit Village||35||2 (since last report on 1/6/21)||2||01/12/2021||15||2|
At this time Samaritan Health has suspended indoor visitations, which will remain until a facility is COVID-19 free for 14 days.
Samaritan is taking general safety measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus. These include:
- Universal masking and eyewear protocols for staff
- Social distancing
- Activities for residents held on floors in limited size
- Upgraded cleaning procedures and regular deep sanitizing
- Temperature checks for long term care residents every eight hours
Additionally, any individual in facilities who display COVID-19 symptoms receive an expedited test and remains isolated until results are confirmed.
The results reported are the most up-to-date confirmed by Samaritan Health.
- New York Attorney General roasts Trump administration over pardons
- LIVE: Trump lands in Florida ahead of Biden inauguration
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- Baseball Hall OF Famer Don Sutton Dies at Age 75
- Utica-Rome Speedway is For Sale, Looking for Buyers Passionate About Growing the Track
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.