WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – Senator Pattie Ritchie recently visited with local maple producers in Albany, who were spreading the message of the importance of maple to our state’s agricultural economy.
Rob Bucci and Melissa Spence were in Albany representing Cornell Cooperative Extension Maple Producers.
They not only offered samples to lawmakers, legislative staff and visitors, but they also informed them of the growth of New York’s maple industry.
New York State is currently home to the largest resource of tappable maple trees in the country and more than 2,000 maple producers.
- CAPC of Jefferson County packing over 500 meals daily for local children
- Vice Principal at Immaculate Heart Central does morning announcements online to stay connected
- Police arrest teen who claimed she was intentionally spreading coronavirus
- Critter Class: Did you know that goats know their name when they’re called?
- Critter Class at Old McDonald’s Farm: Did you know rabbits and deer have a lot in common?
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.