MASSENA, N.Y. (WWTI) — Massena residents are being encouraged to participate in spring cleanup days throughout the month of May.
The Town of Massena has announced that this years spring cleanup will take place starting May 3 and conclude on May 29, 2021. Residents may bring specific items to the St. Lawrence County Transfer Station and present a cleanup voucher to unload refuse.
Items accepted for the cleanup event include:
- Recyclable paper, cardboard, plastic containers
- Furniture, General household junk, fully-intact televisions, electronics
- All metal stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers
- Air conditioners
- Paint: Lids must be removed from paint cans and paint residue must be dried out
The following items will not be accepted during spring cleanup:
- Brush, leaves
- Infectious waste, needles or medications
- Commercial haulers
- Propane tanks
- Hazardous waste or flammable liquids in containers
- Liquids of any kind
- Large-scale demolitions projects
Upon arrival to the St. Lawrence County Transfer Station, residents will be required to present their clean up voucher to the scale operator. Once weighed, the operator will direct individuals on where to take and unload refuse.
Residents can obtain vouchers for the cleanup by calling or emailing the Town Hall. Proof of residency of the Town will be required.