CANTON, N.Y. (WWTI) — The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office has been awarded accreditation through New York State.
The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office Criminal division recently announced their accreditation through the New York State Law Enforcement Accreditation program. This program helps law enforcement agencies evaluate and make performance improvements.
According to NYSLEAP, the program has four goals which include increase effectiveness and efficiency of law enforcement, promote cooperation and coordination among agencies, ensure proper trainings and promote public confidence.
The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Division met standards throughout the administrative section, training and operations. Overall the Division met 110 standards.
Additionally, Criminal Division staff and Deputy Sheriff Sergeant Leighton Filiatrault has been recognized for their work by New York State.
- Here’s what holiday shoppers plan to buy to avoid returns during pandemic
- Watch: Firefighters rescue burned barn owl from massive California wildfire
- New US homes sought for 196 dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm
- 3 dead in knife attack in French church; terrorism suspected
- Pandemic turns Tupperware into an ‘it brand’
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.