CLAYTON, N.Y. (WWTI) — Five community food pantries have been supported through a recent grant donation.
St. Lawrence River- Area community food pantries have been awarded $5,000 from the Northern New York Community Foundation’s COVID-19 Community Support Fund. According to the Foundation, this award will help to strengthen food inventories following the loss of proceeds from the cancellation of the annual “Punkin’ Chunkin” event.
The COVID-19 Community Support Fund, created to provide support for essential needs during the pandemic, has allocated $1,000 to five food pantries in the area.
The grant recipients are as followed:
- Alexandria Bay Community Food Pantry
- Cape Vincent Food Pantry
- Clayton Council of Churches Food Pantry for the Clayton Food Pantry
- Gwen’s Food Pantry
- Theresa Food Pantry
- ‘Our interior defense got us today:’ Jim Boeheim following loss at Georgia Tech
- Back-to-Back Top-Five Wins for the Orange
- Syracuse drops crucial game on the road at Georgia Tech
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday February 27th
- American Rescue Plan hits the House floor as lawmakers split along party lines
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.