Washington, D.C. (WWTI) – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has announced United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funding for Glens Falls and Watertown.
The Community Planning and Development Program Formula Allocations provide grants to states and local units of government to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, specifically for low- and moderate-income communities.
Glens Falls will receive $490,696 in funding and the City of Watertown will receive $920,779 in Community Development Block (CDBG) Grants.
“I am proud to announce this HUD funding that will be used to support housing initiatives in Glens Falls and Watertown,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “Affordable housing is a prominent issue in many areas in my district, and initiatives like this help communities to provide more affordable and suitable opportunities. I will continue to advocate for programs that enable our local communities to support those in need of assistance.”
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- The experts at Northern Credit Union share top tips for living your best financial life
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- Elmira native/retired NASA astronaut Eileen Collins excited for SpaceX launch, future of space exploration
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.