WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWTI) – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik sent a letter to Speaker Pelosi and Leader McCarthy requesting that the Craft Beverage Modernization Act be included in any appropriate legislation that will be considered on the House Floor.
The legislation makes excise tax reductions for small brewers, distillers, vintners, and cider makers across the country permanent.
“Many of our North Country businesses, including our distilleries and breweries, have stepped up during the COVID-19 pandemic to manufacture hand sanitizer and support their communities in many other ways,” said Congresswoman Stefanik.
“I am requesting that House leadership enable passage of this important legislation that would provide tax relief for these small businesses that continue to make an impact. I will continue to advocate for North Country small businesses, who have shown great resiliency and made great contributions to our communities throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.”
- Having foot pain? Why doctors say working from home may be to blame
- Get married or get a mortgage? Cities where a wedding costs more than a down payment
- Volvo reportedly plans 6 EVs through 2026
- Here are 5 new Grammy categories in 2023 and who’s nominated
- Kansas lawmakers want to tax public EV charging
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.