Watertown, N.Y. (WWTI) – Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity is seeking applications for their home ownership program. The organization serves Jefferson and Lewis County first time home buyers under 60% of the HUD area median income.
Prospective home buyers are evaluated on need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner. Habitat home buyers partner with Habitat to build or rehabilitate the home and pay an affordable mortgage.
Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity is partnering with Habitat for Humanity International’s Cost of Home campaign, which focuses on improving housing affordability in the following areas:
- increasing supply and preservation of affordable homes
- equitably increasing access to credit
- optimizing land use for affordable homes
- ensuring access to and development of communities of opportunity
Applications can be downloaded on their website and submitted to the organization by appointment or by mail.
- Rabid raccoon located in Watertown
- Weekly jobless claims surge to record 6.6 million
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Hometown Heroes: North Country teachers show up no matter what for students depending on them
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.