WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – Ticia Aumell, the founder of Stage Notes in Watertown, has been recognized as one of ABC50’s Remarkable Women of the North Country.
Stage Notes is a theater company for high school students who share their love of performing with the local community. Ticia wants to teach her twenty-nine students that their love of performing can truly impact the community.
Ticia performs all over the North Country for funerals, churches and events, sharing her gift and passion as well.
ABC50 is recognizing the great contributions women have made to our nation and local communities, honoring the influence that women have had on public policy, social progress and the quality of life.
Four local North Country women are being highlighted throughout February and March, who will be considered for Nexstar’s nationwide 2020 Woman of the Year Award. One local winner will be selected to earn a trip to New York City to attend a taping of The Mel Robbins Show. The national winner will be named in mid-March.
- River Hospital offers podiatry services, including surgeries, locally in the Thousand Islands
- Erika Plumpton of Northern Credit Union explains how to use credit card wisely for your financial future
- Rochester surgeons use glue to hold man’s heart together in rare medical case
- 2-19-20: Wind chill making today feel colder, looking at possible snow on Friday morning
- Sending military-style border units to ‘sanctuary cities’ a White House scare tactic, advocates say
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.