WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Trail enhancement is set to continue at Watertown’s Thompson Park.
City of Watertown Planer Michael DeMarco, and Chairman of Friends of Thompson Park Phillip Sprague, announced on October 27 the continuation of trail enhancement at Thompson Park.
A partnership between the City of Watertown, New York State Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and the Student Conservation Association will provider SCA workers and City Parks and Recreation Department Staff. The crew will continue work near the corner of Thompson Boulevard and Gotham Street.
The project was originally started by Friends of Thompson Park, with a goal to improve public access to trails within Thompson Park.
According to the City of Watertown, this is in continuation of work that took place in early October, where SCA staff created a trailhead at the intersection.
Upcoming improvement operations will take place on October 29 through October 30, and expected to resume during November 2020.
- North Country wake-up weather: Dec. 5, 2020
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- Direct restaurant relief excluded from latest stimulus bill
- WATCH: Deck the Parkway, Watertown’s reverse-style Christmas Parade
- Biggest sticking points in COVID-19 relief compromise in Congress
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.