(WWTI) – Jeanine McLellan, PT and CEO of Northern Physical Therapy, announced the expansion of their NPT Balance Academy in this segment of Ask the Expert.
McLellan said that between 30-45% of adults over the age of 65 will experience a fall this year. Injuries and complications from these falls are listed as the leading cause of death for this age group.
The NPT Balance Academy was created to achieve the goal of preventing falls. A harness training system is used so patients can practice and train with their therapists without the worry and risk of falling.
McLellan said the decline of balance is directly linked to a decrease in physical activity.
Learn more from the experts at Northern Physical Therapy on their Ask the Experts feature.
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- Ask the Experts: The doctors at Northern Lights Chiropractic discuss empowering your immune system
- Respiratory Care Week: ‘unimaginable’ roles respiratory therapists have taken on during COVID-19
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.