(WWTI) – Dr. David Wallace of River Family Health Center said the flu shot has been around for nearly 80 years and reduces the risk of serious illness by up to 50%.
Dr. Wallace said that even during the current COVID-19 pandemic the flu will still be present this year, possibly making this year’s flu vaccine the most important one you will ever receive.
Everyone ages 6 months and older should get the flu shot. Dr. Wallace said the flu vaccine will not give you the flu. Some people do experience side effects, but they are mild.
Dr. Wallace suggests contacting your local health care provider, clinic or pharmacy for information about how to get your flu shot this year.
River Hospital is beginning the flu vaccinations soon for enrolled patients. Learn more from the experts at River Hospital on their Ask the Experts page of InformNNY.com.
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- WNY-filmed ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ to hit theaters May 28
- US considering Virginia military base to house migrant children
- SUNY Oswego plans to hold in-person commencement this May
- Appointments available for Monday COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Massena
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.