(WWTI) – Dr. David Wallace of River Family Health Center said the flu shot has been around for nearly 80 years and reduces the risk of serious illness by up to 50%.
Dr. Wallace said that even during the current COVID-19 pandemic the flu will still be present this year, possibly making this year’s flu vaccine the most important one you will ever receive.
Everyone ages 6 months and older should get the flu shot. Dr. Wallace said the flu vaccine will not give you the flu. Some people do experience side effects, but they are mild.
Dr. Wallace suggests contacting your local health care provider, clinic or pharmacy for information about how to get your flu shot this year.
River Hospital is beginning the flu vaccinations soon for enrolled patients. Learn more from the experts at River Hospital on their Ask the Experts page of InformNNY.com.
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday October 1st
- Legendary guitarist James Burton confirms kidney cancer diagnosis
- ‘Complete destruction’: Aerial video shows Hurricane Ian’s impact on Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach
- Texas homecoming queen gives crown to childhood friend
- Cheeses sold at Whole Foods, Safeway recalled after multiple people hospitalized with listeria
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.