(WWTI) – Dr. David Wallace of River Family Health Center said the flu shot has been around for nearly 80 years and reduces the risk of serious illness by up to 50%.
Dr. Wallace said that even during the current COVID-19 pandemic the flu will still be present this year, possibly making this year’s flu vaccine the most important one you will ever receive.
Everyone ages 6 months and older should get the flu shot. Dr. Wallace said the flu vaccine will not give you the flu. Some people do experience side effects, but they are mild.
Dr. Wallace suggests contacting your local health care provider, clinic or pharmacy for information about how to get your flu shot this year.
River Hospital is beginning the flu vaccinations soon for enrolled patients. Learn more from the experts at River Hospital on their Ask the Experts page of InformNNY.com.
- ‘My heart is broken’: Alec Baldwin breaks silence on fatal on-set prop gun shooting
- K-9 handler not sure how dogs missed remains in Florida reserve
- New Yorkers still concerned about vaccine safety
- Ogdensburg student, special education teacher raise awareness for those living with Spina Bifida
- White House Christmas tree chosen from North Carolina farm for third time
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.