(WWTI) – In this segment of Ask the Expert, Mark Zegarelli of ServPro discusses proper procedures for COVID-19 cleanup.
Mark said the first step is to clean any surfaces prior to disinfecting them because the soils on surfaces need to be removed in order for disinfectants to work.
The second step is to use an EPA approved disinfectant. The label of the product will specify the amount of time the surface needs to stay wet to be effective.
Disinfectant foggers are used by the experts at ServPro as the last step in their cleaning process, but the first two steps are necessary to be truly effective.
Learn more from ServPro on their Ask the Experts page.
- Ask the Experts at Grimsley Insurance: What is the difference between direct and independent agents?
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- Ask the Experts: The doctors at Northern Lights Chiropractic discuss empowering your immune system
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.