WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored a career-high 21 points and Virginia got a final-play defensive stop to beat Wake Forest 65-63 in overtime on Sunday.
Woldetensae scored all his points on seven 3-pointers, including the go-ahead 3 with 3:55 left in overtime.
Wake Forest had a final possession to tie, calling timeout with the ball with 8.2 seconds left. But Olivier Sarr tried a desperation contested drive and failed to even get off a tying shot off before the buzzer to end it.
Andrien White scored 21 points to lead the Demon Deacons.
Wake Forest was playing without their injured top scorer Brandon Childress.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral
- Migrant mother says border agents endangered her life while giving birth
- Lockdowns mean millions of women can’t reach birth control
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically
- In Depth: See what Congress is doing to keep people employed