WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – Adriana Arthur, a 6th grader in Watertown, is going the extra mile during the COVID-19 epidemic to support those on the front lines of the fight against the virus.
Adriana has been making goodie bags for health care workers at North Country hospitals. The bags include snacks, like chocolate, candy, crackers, fruit snacks and more. They may be a small gesture, but they mean a lot to those receiving them.
Adriana said she just wants to make people happy and give back to the health care workers who are going through so much and helping everyone else during this difficult time.
Her parents are cautious while dropping off the goodie bags at local hospitals, but Adriana giggled and said her biggest concern has really been paper cuts.
She may be young, but her parents said she is aware of what’s happening in the world around her and she wants to help.
Adriana is an exceptional youth making a difference in the community. She won the Character Counts Award from ABC50 and YMCA, along with a free year-long membership to the Y!
If you know a youth going above and beyond in the community, click here to nominate them for the Character Counts Award.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.