(WWTI) – Julia Robbins at Old McDonald’s Farm told ABC50’s Alex Hazard all about alpacas and their wool in this segment of Critter Class.
Alex met Cilantro the Alpaca, and learned a few fun facts while at the farm. Julia said that alpaca wool is warmer than cotton for cool and damp climates, like in Northern NY. That makes NNY a great place to live for them.
She also said that alpaca wool is soft and luxurious, making it great for clothing and blankets. It’s also hypoallergenic, so almost anyone can wear it.
Learn more in the video above and click here for more great segments of Critter Class.
- North Country wake up weather Sunday April 18, 2021
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday April 17th
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.