(WWTI) – Julia Robbins at Old McDonald’s Farm told ABC50’s Alex Hazard all about alpacas and their wool in this segment of Critter Class.
Alex met Cilantro the Alpaca, and learned a few fun facts while at the farm. Julia said that alpaca wool is warmer than cotton for cool and damp climates, like in Northern NY. That makes NNY a great place to live for them.
She also said that alpaca wool is soft and luxurious, making it great for clothing and blankets. It’s also hypoallergenic, so almost anyone can wear it.
Learn more in the video above and click here for more great segments of Critter Class.
- Buffalo Kickoff Live: Bills vs. Patriots
- White House announces diplomatic boycott of Beijing Games, as tension with China grows
- Early vaccination push may have led to current COVID case spike, Warren County says
- Lowville man arrested on drug charges after police investigate fentanyl sales
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.