WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – ABC50’s Alex Hazard joined Heather Spezzano at the Jefferson County SPCA to learn about how many animals are received and adopted out by the shelter in this segment of Fur Friend Facts.
Heather explained that in 2018, the shelter received 600 dogs, 500 of which were adopted out. In that same year, the shelter received 1,200 cats, 1,000 of which were placed for adoption. The shelter also receives and adopts small animals other than dogs and cats. In 2018, 140 other small animals were received, all of which found loving homes. Each animal adopted at the Jefferson County SPCA comes with a free gift from Rudd’s Town & Country.
- Police reform: Congress working to reach compromise to move forward
- Supreme Court: Employers can opt out of birth control coverage
- Lawmakers push back on order to send international students back home amid online learning
- White House Coronavirus Task Force pressures schools to reopen with limited federal guidance
- Second stimulus check: Dems urge McConnell to end recess, take up COVID-19 relief bill
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.