WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – ABC50’s Alex Hazard joined Heather Spezzano at the Jefferson County SPCA to learn about how many animals are received and adopted out by the shelter in this segment of Fur Friend Facts.
Heather explained that in 2018, the shelter received 600 dogs, 500 of which were adopted out. In that same year, the shelter received 1,200 cats, 1,000 of which were placed for adoption. The shelter also receives and adopts small animals other than dogs and cats. In 2018, 140 other small animals were received, all of which found loving homes. Each animal adopted at the Jefferson County SPCA comes with a free gift from Rudd’s Town & Country.
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Josh Allen’s growth in year three was the Bills’ biggest win this season
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse releases 2021 schedule
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.