WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – ABC50’s Alex Hazard joined Heather Spezzano at the Jefferson County SPCA to learn about how the shelter is funded in this segment of Fur Friend Facts.
The local shelter is not funded by the government. Instead, it runs off of donations, adoption fees, fundraisers and local support in order to operate. Each animal adopted at the Jefferson County SPCA will come with a free gift from Rudd’s Town & Country.
- Police reform: Congress working to reach compromise to move forward
- Supreme Court: Employers can opt out of birth control coverage
- Lawmakers push back on order to send international students back home amid online learning
- White House Coronavirus Task Force pressures schools to reopen with limited federal guidance
- Second stimulus check: Dems urge McConnell to end recess, take up COVID-19 relief bill
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.