WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – ABC50’s Alex Hazard joined Heather Spezzano at the Jefferson County SPCA to learn about how the shelter is funded in this segment of Fur Friend Facts.
The local shelter is not funded by the government. Instead, it runs off of donations, adoption fees, fundraisers and local support in order to operate. Each animal adopted at the Jefferson County SPCA will come with a free gift from Rudd’s Town & Country.
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically
- In Depth: See what Congress is doing to keep people employed
- 4-8-20: Waking up to a rainy and breezy Thursday tomorrow
- Human rights group says detainees at ICE facilities at risk
- Latino workers ‘disproportionally’ hit by COVID-19 layoffs, business closings, leaders say
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.