WATERTOWN N.Y. (WWTI) – The Raines family was named the AUSA Fort Drum Family of the Year for their abundance of contributions to the community. The Raines family consists of Brittany Raines, SSG Casey Raines, of the Fort Drum 91st MP Battalion, and their six children. They have lived in the North Country for three and a half years.
While SSG Raines serves our country, his family serves our community. The Raines family is involved in various volunteer activities. Brittany Raines said “community service and outreach has been our family lifestyle.”
It was with this mindset that the Raines family founded the Warm Up Watertown project where they distribute scarves and hats throughout the city. This creative project provides warmth for those who may be struggling during the harsh winter months.
More stories of local heroes can be found in the Hometown Heroes section of InformNNY.com.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place