WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Stephanie Lashomb is a teacher in Gouverneur who loves to give back to her community. ABC50’s Alex Hazard interviewed Lashomb while she assisted in giving away milk, produce and lunches to families in need.
According to Lashomb, the community has always been in need of assistance like this, but the pandemic has made it even more crucial. Stephanie and her fellow volunteers gave away 5,000 gallons of milk.
Lashomb’s co-workers say that she is dedicated to her work and is at the school for many hours. However Stephanie says that this work is a team effort and she just wants to help the community.
- ‘Our defense was the difference tonight:’ Jim Boeheim following win over Clemson
- ‘To New Yorkers, I’m saying that I’m embarrassed by what happened’: Governor Cuomo addresses harassment claims
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Republicans introduce alternative election reform measure to H.R. 1
- Capitol Police double down on security amid new militia threat