WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Stephanie Lashomb is a teacher in Gouverneur who loves to give back to her community. ABC50’s Alex Hazard interviewed Lashomb while she assisted in giving away milk, produce and lunches to families in need.
According to Lashomb, the community has always been in need of assistance like this, but the pandemic has made it even more crucial. Stephanie and her fellow volunteers gave away 5,000 gallons of milk.
Lashomb’s co-workers say that she is dedicated to her work and is at the school for many hours. However Stephanie says that this work is a team effort and she just wants to help the community.
- Newfeed Now: House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms; Sinkhole drains 17-acre lake
- Police commissioner talks Times Square shooting, NYPD recruitment, subway crimes
- Sauce Shortage: Chick-fil-A Plans To Limit Sauces To Customers
- Buffalo’s Jessica Pegula beats world #2 Naomi Osaka in Rome
- Frost advisory issued across North Country through Thursday