Senior Airman Kori Rarrick on saving man’s life: “I just wanted to make sure he was safe and alive”

Hometown Heroes

(WWTI) – Senior Airman Kori Rarrick knew as a child that he wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and serve in the military. His father was in the Army and stationed at Fort Drum, where Rarrick grew up.

One night while stationed at Fort Sam Houston in Texas, Rarrick was performing his normal duties when an injured man was dropped off at the front gate and left for dead. The man had been shot. Rarrick used a tourniquet on his leg to stop the bleeding and applied pressure on the wound until the medical team arrived.

Rarrick was awarded the Air Force Achievement Medal for his actions that night. “I just wanted to make sure he was safe and alive,” Rarrick said. “I want my children to learn from this experience and I want them to be the best they can be and just always help people out.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

See more...