NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Lady A took to Twitter Wednesday to announce the band would not attend the 2020 CMA Awards.
The group said one of their immediate family members tested positive for COVID-19 this week.
“So far, the three of us continue to test negative, and out of caution and love for everyone involved with the CMAs, we’ve decided to stay home from the awards tonight,” the post read.
The group said they were disappointed they wouldn’t get to perform along side Darius Rucker and Thomas Rhett, but said Charles Kelley had already taped his performance with Carly Pearce.
“We’ll be cheering on our friends at home like the rest of y’all! Stay safe out there,” the post continued.
- White House Christmas tree chosen from North Carolina farm for third time
- Cape Vincent man arrested on attempting to purchase illegal gun charges
- North Country Report: Hometown hockey and Olympic excellence
- General Brown switches to remote instruction due to staffing shortage
- Manhunt ends with discovery of Brian Laundrie’s remains