ALBANY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On March 7, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo issued a state disaster emergency for the entire state of New York because of coronavirus.
On Thursday, Cuomo signed an executive order that orders barbershops, hair salons, and tattoo and piercing studios are to close on March 21 at 8 p.m. until further notice.
The order also includes other personal care related services, like nail technicians, cosmetologists, estheticians, electrolysis and laser hair removal services.
Cuomo also issued an executive order that says any notary of the public can perform notary services via audio-visual technology.
“We know how the novel coronavirus spreads, and we are making data-driven decisions as the situation evolves to continue to reduce density and slow the spread of the virus,” Governor Cuomo said.
“We remain in constant communication with our neighboring states to ensure we are establishing a set of uniform rules and regulations for the entire region. These temporary closures are not going to be easy, but they are necessary to protecting the health and safety of New Yorkers and all Americans.”
- Watch Made in NNY online here: 1 on 1 with Elise Stefanik and Tedra Cobb
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.