ABC50’s Alex Hazard spoke with Dr. Forni, DPM, of Carthage Area Hospital about heel pain in this segment of Health Beats.
Dr. Forni said the most common cause of pain in your heel is plantar fasciitis, which is caused by inflammation and irritation in the thick rubber band-like ligament in the bottom of the foot.
He said the biggest key to relieving the pain is stretching and also recommends rolling your foot on a frozen water bottle.
For long-term pain and discomfort, a podiatrist can take care of the problem.
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse releases 2021 schedule
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl
- Biden’s executive orders target racial inequalities
- FBI: Glens Falls man filmed smoking weed in Capitol Building during insurrection
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.