PENN YAN, N.Y. (WETM) – An 11-year-old boy was killed on Sunday night after a farming accident in Penn Yan, according to the Yates County Sheriff.
The boy, whose name was not released by police, was cleaning out a grain silo when he became entangled with an auger, a drilling device.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene by a Yates County Coroner and the investigation into the accident is still ongoing.
The Yates County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by Benton Fire and Penn Yan Ambulance.
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- New York State clinical task force members to review all federally authorized COVID-19 vaccines
- Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings suspend all in-person NFL activities over positive COVID-19 tests
- Solar storm brings northern lights to mainland US. Here’s how to watch
- Oct. 1 deadline approaches for Trump administration to issue ‘refugee ceiling’