OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) Police are investigating after three people total were shot before dawn Sunday inside an Opelousas restaurant.
Police Chief Martin McClendon said officers responded to a report that multiple people had been shot around 2:50 a.m. at a business in the 700 block of South Academy Street.
When officers arrived at Mama’s Place, McClendon said, it was determined that a total of three people had been shot and required medical attention.
Of the three adult victims, McClendon said, it is believed that one of the victims was the intended target and that two were innocent bystanders.
He said officers are currently interviewing eyewitnesses at the scene to determine what happened, and also process evidence at the scene.
The victims’ names are being withheld, McClendon said, and all were transported to a local hospital where they are expected to survive.
Anyone who may have information about this shooting is asked to call Opelousas Police at (337 948-2500.
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Man accused of raping woman saying he was going to ‘fix the gay’
- First coronavirus death reported in Saratoga County
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Trump says ‘social distancing’ guidelines extended to April 30
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.