LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — In the latest poll conducted by Siena Research Institute, 87% of New Yorkers favored the way Governor Andrew Cuomo’s is addressing the public when it comes to the public health crisis, while 41% approved of President Donald Trump’s handling.
In New York, Cuomo has been giving daily updates on the latest actions and developments the state has taken to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The poll also finds that New Yorkers give praise to their local health departments, their local government leader, the CDC and to Dr. Anthony Fauci.
“In the midst of this global pandemic, New Yorkers approve of Governor Cuomo’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic with near universal support. At least 85 percent of voters from every region approve of his handling of the crisis, as do 95 percent of Democrats, 87 percent of independents and even 70 percent of Republicans,” said Siena College pollster Steven Greenberg. “President Trump, on the other hand, gets praise from 82 percent of Republicans, but 52 percent of independents and 79 percent of Democrats disapprove of the job he’s doing.”
The latest poll findings were released Monday morning.
To view the entire results and findings of the poll: CLICK HERE.
- Cars set on fire, tear gas deployed at Black Lives Matter rally in Rochester, officials blame ‘paid protesters’
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- The experts at Northern Credit Union share top tips for living your best financial life
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy