ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan and Albany Police Chief Eric Hawkins are convening the third meeting of the newly established Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative on Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be streamed on Facebook.
The group meets every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. They post recordings of prior meetings, documents, and announcements online.
The Collaborative’s mission is reviewing, modifying, and modernizing police strategies, policies, procedures, and practices. The Collaborative’s recommendations are meant to address the needs of communities disproportionately impacted by structural racism.
The group was formed in accordance with New York State Executive Order 203.
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Exclusive ABC50/NewsNation/Emerson College Poll: Split reaction on recent apology, more people know of Cuomo accusations and more think he did it
- Emergency powers bill could be taken up tomorrow
- Jefferson County teen heading to state wrestling championship after years of dedication
- Watertown YMCA RESET Challenge finding new ways for participants to ‘reinvest’ in their community