OSWEGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A barn fire in Oswego County killed between 50 and 60 cattle, and possibly more farm animals.
Crews were called to Biddlecum Road, off of Townline Drive in Pennellville around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday. Then they arrived, cows were found the roads, trying to get away from the flames. They were able to get some horses and animals out of the barn, but many cows were stuck inside.
The barn was destroyed. Responders say they believe the fire started in the hayloft, but the exact cause is still being investigated.
- Cars set on fire, tear gas deployed at Black Lives Matter rally in Rochester, officials blame ‘paid protesters’
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- The experts at Northern Credit Union share top tips for living your best financial life
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy