WILMINGTON, Vt. (AP) — The Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department is asking people who rent properties in bear country to provide information about the animals to renters after a family of bears entered an occupied Airbnb property in Wilmington.
The department says the renter locked herself in a bedroom. When police arrived, they saw a female bear and two cubs leaving the residence and entering the woods.
Two bags of garbage were in the kitchen and a torn bag of trash was found in the woods. Officials say unsecured bags of trash should either be housed in a secure building or structure or kept in a bear-proof garbage receptacle until they can be removed.
- Charges dismissed against Schenectady man who was subject of controversial arrest
- UAlbany ramps up COVID-19 testing to prevent community spread
- Albany Lark Street Restaurant week to help small businesses
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- Pink 4 Hope: Erie County mother and daughter fundraise, create baskets to help breast cancer patients