BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Governor John Bel Edwards is requesting a major disaster declaration for 23 parishes in Louisiana impacted by Hurricane Laura.
The request was made through a letter to President Trump.
“Our people are strong and we will get through these trying times, and a major disaster declaration is the first step in bringing critical aid to our communities. I appreciate the President’s consideration of my request and for the support of the federal government as Louisiana responds not only to this disastrous storm, but also to the COVID-19 pandemic, which is complicating our traditional Hurricane Season plans,” Edwards said.
If the declaration is approved FEMA assistance will be provided to those impacted by Hurricane Laura.
The governors request can be viewed here.
Hurricane Laura has taken 11 lives in Louisiana.
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Bills QB Josh Allen tops first 300 yard game with first 400 yard game in week two
- Josh Allen’s career day leads Bills to a 31-28 win over the Dolphins
- 5 Questions with Darryl Johnson on Buffalo Kickoff Live
- Bills relying on Andre Roberts’ dynamic return skills once again