COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Colonie police say Julian Soto, 23, of Troy was arrested for possession of an illegal handgun. They say his is the 15th illegal handgun they’ve recovered in this year.
Just before 3 a.m. on Friday, police say an officer observed a blue 2016 Hyundai make several vehicle and traffic violations. He initiated a traffic stop, pulling over the car on Winners Circle by Metro Park Road. Soto was a passenger in the vehicle.
Police say he had a Phoenix Arms Raven .25 handgun loaded with six rounds. Soto has an order of protection out of Rensselaer County that bans him from having firearms.
His was charged with second- and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. These charges are worth up to 22 years if he’s convicted, according to New York’s sentencing guidelines.
Besides Soto and the driver, three others were present in the car. Two minors, aged 13 and 14, were returned home.
This is the 15th illegal firearm recovered by the police department in 2020, and the second in less than a week.
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers
- Last chance to vote in round one of our Christmas movie bracket