DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. (WREG) — A Mid-South man who reportedly hit several vehicles with a concrete truck before threatening to “kill everyone” was shot by a Mississippi sheriff’s deputy.
The incident began early Thursday morning in Tunica County after the unidentified man was involved in an accident. He fled to Desoto County.
Once in the area, he allegedly hit several other vehicles and shouted, “I’m going to kill everyone,” according to police.
He was shot by a deputy with the Desoto County Sheriff’s Office, authorities said, and airlifted to the Regional Medical Center. He was treated, released and booked into the Shelby County Jail. He will be extradited back to Desoto County to face at least five aggravated assault charges.
The Horn Lake Police Department confirmed that the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation was called to handle the case.
- Coach Dino Babers has “no doubt” that Orange can clean up mistakes after 0-2 start
- Syracuse football falls on the road at 25th ranked Pittsburgh
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- New York State will honor Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg with statue in Brooklyn
- Proper COVID-19 cleaning procedures from the experts at ServPro