Danielle Burnette and Ismael Cruz, of Mint Hill, planned their dream wedding together and were supposed to be married on Sunday.
“And then, the coronavirus,” Burnette said.
The two are still going to exchange their vows Sunday after an emotional turn of events caused them to have to postpone their wedding ceremony until August.
Their pastor will officiate through Skype all the way from Washington state, and family members will watch on Facebook Live.
“The family will be there without being there, so they are all safe in their homes,” Burnette said.
The couple plans to have a small and simple ceremony in a neighbor’s backyard barn on Sunday.
“We are saving the real beautiful moments for August,” Burnette said.
The couple says they advise other couples who are facing the same challenge to try and remember they have each other.
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown
- Lows in the 20s overnight for the North Country this week
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Bills downplay any hype surrounding matchup with New England this week
- Stopping the run is key for Bills defense against Cam Newton and Patriots