NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Some villages were set to hold elections on Wednesday, but Governor Andrew Cuomo has issued an executive order delaying village elections until the April 28 primary.
“Our top priority has been keeping New Yorkers safe and stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus,” Governor Cuomo said. “Public health officials have been clear that reducing density is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread, and delaying village elections will help ensure poll workers and voters are not potentially exposed to the virus and at the same time maintain integrity in our election system.”
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Ask the Expert: Mark Zegarelli of ServPro answers coronavirus cleaning questions
- Keith Snyder of S&R Automotive: Living Local is about ‘supporting the community we’re in’
- Sunny, warm Saturday for North Country
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.