ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB)–Governor Andrew Cuomo says gyms are highly problematic across the country.
He says they were opened and had to close them in other states.
Health experts have listed gyms as high risk, the governor says.
Cuomo announced on a COVID-19 update conference call Thursday that gyms will remain closed until the state feels they can open safely.
“These have been the nationally identified sources of increased infection. We have some data here. We have experience here. We know gyms are highly problematic,” Cuomo said.
- U.S. DOT awards $19.5 million to three New York airports for upgrades
- Slave sale block covered in graffiti from recent protests to go on display in museum, with explainer
- Man steals puppy from couple at knifepoint in Arby’s parking lot
- Massena grades 3-8 to return for in-person instruction starting Tuesday
- Texas swimmer pushing through challenges; focused on competing in Tokyo Olympics