VISALIA, California (KSEE/KGPE) – The two 13-year-olds accused of starting the deadly Porterville library fire have been charged with murder with special circumstances, according to the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office.
Tuesday’s fire claimed the lives of Porterville Fire Captain Raymond Figueroa, 35, and Firefighter Patrick Jones, 25.
In a statement Friday, the DA’s office said that the teenagers are also facing arson-related charges.
The unidentified minors have both denied the charges against them. They are scheduled to return to juvenile court on March 11.
- Lawmakers pressure administration to expand child care services
- US visitors don’t mind coronavirus checkpoints at Mexican border
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 2, 2020
- American businesses shift to making PPE for frontline medical workers
- Congress mulls more aid in face of record unemployment
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.