CAYUGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WETM) – New York State Police have confirmed that escaped parolee Kevin Witt has been captured in Aurelius, Cayuga County.
Aurelius is approximately 30 miles north of the Willard Drug Treatment Campus in Seneca County where Witt was last seen on Monday night.
The nature of how Witt was captured was not released by State Police.
State Police had suspected that Witt was headed towards the Ithaca area and State Police were seen on Route 13 on Thursday afternoon looking for him.
- As Syracuse moves forward with winter sports, John Wildhack says “Everything that we do, we do in consultation with the Onondaga Department of Health”
- SU men’s basketball adds Rider to its non-conference slate
- SC congressman hoping Biden administration can bring Americans together
- Health and Human Services looking at mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions to states
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes