(WJW) — While “Tiger King” star Carole Baskin made her debut on ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” Monday night, the family of her missing husband debuted a commercial asking for information about the disappearance of Don Lewis.
“We hit some important places,” Phillips said. “We hope people can help and somebody comes forward and we get justice for Don Lewis.”
Lewis’ 1997 disappearance was talked about after people watched the popular Netflix documentary “Tiger King” earlier this year.
In the show, Baskin’s rival, Joseph Maldonado-Passage, claimed Baskin killed Lewis by feeding him to her tigers.
Baskin has denied that claim.
Maldonado-Passage, better known by his stage name, Joe Exotic, was sentenced earlier this year to 22 years in prison for his role in a murder-for-hire plot to kill Baskin as well as for killing five tigers.
Lewis was declared legally dead in 2002. Nobody has been arrested or charged in connection with the case.
In the commercial, three of Lewis’ children and his former assistant asked for anyone with information in the case to come forward.
“Do you know who did this or if Carole Baskin was involved?” Phillips asks in the commercial.
The family announced a $100,000 reward and offered a tipline for anyone with information to call.
Baskin danced to “Eye of the Tiger” on Monday night while wearing a tiger print outfit.
- One new case of COVID-19 in Jefferson County, nine remain active
- New York Attorney General releases investigation report on death of Dwayne Pritchett
- CDC reverses course, says people without symptoms should be tested
- Free fishing day to take place in NYS next weekend
- Second stimulus checks: Lawmakers leave for weekend without deal in sight