FRESNO, Calif. (KGPE) — A child is dead after police say the minivan they were in was hit by a train in Fresno. Officers say it happened around 5:30 p.m. in the area of Shields and Moroa.
Authorities say the family was waiting to enter Christmas Tree Lane when the accident happened.
“Unfortunately, as a result of the impact of the train colliding with the vehicle, a small child was ultimately killed,” said Lt. Andre Benson. “We have investigators from the traffic unit on the scene right now trying to determine exactly how the vehicle became stuck on the tracks.”
No other details available.
- Sarah Thomas to be 1st female to officiate at Super Bowl
- Hawley blocks fast-track confirmation for Mayorkas
- AFC, NFC championship games feature early season rematches
- ‘Souvenir of a lifetime’: Chiefs fan snags ball Patrick Mahomes launched into Arrowhead’s upper deck
- President Trump delivers recorded farewell address