WASHINGTON (WCMH) — Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin says the deadline to file taxes has been extended to July 15.
Mnuchin said on Twitter he moved the deadline at the direction of President Trump.
“All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties,” Mnuchin said.
Mnuchin encouraged all taxpayers who may have tax refunds to file now and get their money.
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown
- Lows in the 20s overnight for the North Country this week
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Bills downplay any hype surrounding matchup with New England this week
- Stopping the run is key for Bills defense against Cam Newton and Patriots