BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Buffalo Zoo is saying goodbye to one of its giraffes.
Sampson, who would have been six years old later this month, died on Tuesday following complications related to a medical procedure. He had been placed under anesthesia so that doctors could address a dental issue.
Anesthesia can sometimes be problematic for animals.
“Our expert animal care and veterinary teams worked day and night and did everything in their power to save Sampson,” The Buffalo Zoo wrote on Facebook. “Our teams face these types of tough choices and decisions every day.”
Sampson’s mother and father still reside at the zoo.
- Group donates $125K to Lewis County Hospice
- Caitlyn Jenner announces run for governor of California
- Vaccine hesitancy: How marketing has an impact on one’s desire to get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Parents ask Twitter to take down account of Hilton principal charged with sexual abuse
- One dead after helicopter crash in Wyoming County