ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York teamed up with its sister group in Los Angeles to donate 17,800 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies to the American Red Cross.
The local Girl Scouts chapter had to cut cookie season short because of the coronavirus, and had a large supply of unsold boxes. The Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles reached out using its philanthropic program, Gift of Caring, to buy the surplus and donate in the Capital Region.
The American Red Cross will redistribute the sweets to essential services and front line workers like first responders, food banks, and blood donors.
- North Country wake up weather Sunday April 18, 2021
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday April 17th
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant