BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)–According to Attorney Kelly Zarcone, Martin Gugino is beginning physical therapy today, which she says is a step in the right direction.
“As heartbreaking as it is, his brain is injured, and he is well aware of that now,” Zarcone said in a statement to News 4.
Zarcone says Gugino is feeling encouraged and uplifted by the outpouring of support he has received from all over the globe, and he’s looking forward to healing and determining what his “new normal” might look like.
Read her full statement regarding Gugino’s condition below:
I spoke with Martin a few minutes ago. He reports that he is feeling better than yesterday. He is starting physical therapy today which is definitely a step in the right direction. As most of you know, Martin is a soft spoken but thoughtful and principled man. As heartbreaking as it is, his brain is injured and he is well aware of that now. Because of this, he told me that he is not interested in media interviews right now. He feels encouraged and uplifted by the outpouring of support which he has received from so many people all over the globe. It helps. He is looking forward to healing and determining what his “new normal” might look like.”Kelly V. Zarcone, Esq.
- Voter access or voter integrity? Congress debates Republican-backed bills
- Derek Chauvin sentencing: What we know about potential prison time
- Derek Chauvin convicted in murder trial over George Floyd’s killing
- Why 1 murder count against Chauvin may not stick
- Derek Chauvin convicted in death of George Floyd