FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A woman died during a Monday night storm that caused a mobile home to roll with her and a child inside.
Around 7:45 p.m., emergency crews responded to find a mobile home had rolled onto its side against a neighboring mobile home. It had been reported to 911 that people were possibly trapped inside.
Within 10 minutes, firefighters found a woman clutching a child, both under debris. The woman was unconscious and in critical condition, while the boy was conscious and in good condition. The woman was taken to a hospital, where she later died.
A neighboring mobile home was struck by the one that rolled. A person inside was able to escape uninjured by climbing out a window.
Crews also discovered a serious gas leak, which firefighters addressed in an effort to secure the area from exposed power lines.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- Bills LB Tremaine Edmunds working to get back to full strength this week vs. Raiders
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states