(WRIC) — A Virginia infant is dead after being left in a hot car by its father, according to police.
Details remain limited, but authorities in Fairfax County say the preliminary investigation reveals the father “inadvertently left the infant in a car for an extended amount of time.”
The exact cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
- Over $8M in funding announced for 7 North Country towns
- Harrisville School District switches to remote instruction through mid-November
- Lowville Academy switches to immediate remote learning in response to coronavirus spread
- MLB investigating Dodgers player who left isolation to celebrate World Series victory, after testing positive for coronavirus
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Ogdensburg’s Busters Sports Bar