(WRIC) — A Virginia infant is dead after being left in a hot car by its father, according to police.
Details remain limited, but authorities in Fairfax County say the preliminary investigation reveals the father “inadvertently left the infant in a car for an extended amount of time.”
The exact cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
- Arconic to provide over $2 million to Massena superfund site
- ‘Magic School Bus’ author Joanna Cole dies at age 75
- Pools to open at Watertown YMCA
- Second stimulus check? COVID-19 relief negotiations continue amid spike in cases
- House Democrats press Senate to take on Heroes Act