(CNN) — “Murder hornets” are now in the United States.
Asian Giant Hornets are an invasive and potentially deadly species, and they have been found in the U.S. for the first time.
Researchers have nicknamed it the “murder hornet” because its venomous sting can kill a human if they are stung several times.
The hornets are more than two inches in length and have reportedly been attacking bee hives in Washington state.
Scientists don’t know yet how the hornet made it to the U.S.
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown
- Lows in the 20s overnight for the North Country this week
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Bills downplay any hype surrounding matchup with New England this week