(WIVB) – Josh Allen is thanking Bills fans and WNYers for honoring his late grandmother, Patricia Allen, in a special way.
Allen found out his grandmother passed on Saturday- just 24 hours before the game against the Seattle Seahawks.
“She’d want me to play as I normally do- the fun I have out there and the sense of pride I have when I put on that uniform and I represent the Buffalo Bills,” Allen said.
Allen said his grandmother was a huge Buffalo Bills fan.
“I called my family right after the game and just started bawling and they were crying too,” Allen said. “It was a special moment for me and my family.”
Allen helped bring the Bills to a 44-34 win. When Bills fans found out what the quarterback was going through, they turned out in spades.
After a simple tweet, hundreds of thousands of dollars have been donated to Oishei Children’s Hospital in Patricia’s honor.
“It’s overwhelming for sure, but so much good is coming out of such a tough situation that you can’t help smiling at it, and it’s unbelievable,” Allen added.
You can still donate to Oishei in honor of Allen’s grandmother by clicking here.
- Buffalo Kickoff Live- Nov. 29
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers