CAIRO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Kingston man has been arrested after officers in Greene County found him with 246 bags of heroin, 18.2 grams of crack cocaine, a large amount of cash, and various quantities of other controlled substances.
Greene County Sheriff’s office says the drugs were found after 34-year-old David Smith was stopped for a vehicle and traffic violation on Route 32 in the town of Cairo.
The charges Smith is currently facing are:
- Two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Four counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
Smith was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Cairo court.
- Three new cases of COVID-19 reported in St. Lawrence County
- CDC, EPA release framework for preventing and controlling tick and mosquito-borne diseases
- Trump to hold rallies in Wisconsin areas labeled COVID-19 ‘red zones’ by White House task force
- Ford recalls over 700,000 vehicles because backup cameras can go dark
- Biden on Proud Boys: ‘Cease and desist. The American people will decide next POTUS’